[Clamav-devel] enabling DMG and XAR support

Mark Allan markjallan at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 11:33:05 EDT 2014

Just out of interest, did you test to see if it *actually* worked?

My configure output shows that dmg and xar are supported, but it doesn't actually detect the Eicar test file within a disk image.

configure: Summary of engine detection features
              autoit_ea06 : yes
              bzip2       : ok
              zlib        : /usr
              unrar       : yes
              dmg and xar : yes, from /usr

When I create a new disk image, copy the Eicar test file in, and scan the dmg, it shows up as being clean.

> clamscan test.dmg
> test.dmg: OK

Does this work as expected for anyone else?

Mark