[Clamav-devel] enabling DMG and XAR support

Brandon Perry bperry.volatile at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 18:29:08 EDT 2014

Thanks, I don't have a PPC here, but I am going to install fedora core 4
x86 and x86_64 inside of virtual machines and will see if I run into any
issues.

Legacy systems are unfortunate. However, I think you would be hard
pressed to find any open source project today supporting that, so I
don't think it is that ridiculous to not expend the effort to actively
support it. I wouldn't be surprised if the code required to make it
compile on your system *and* modern systems caused performance decreases
(or even not compile on modern gcc!).

There might be a small chance that you would need to maintain a separate
patchset to maintain this compatibility since having it compile on both
your legacy and modern systems would be detrimental to other ClamAV users.