[Clamav-devel] False positives

Joel Esler (jesler) jesler at cisco.com
Thu Feb 12 17:03:01 EST 2015

Scott,

Please check out this link:

http://www.clamav.net/report/report-fp.html

--
Joel Esler
Open Source Manager
Threat Intelligence Team Lead
Talos

On Feb 12, 2015, at 9:56 AM, W. Scott Lockwood <scott.lockwood at zethcon.com<mailto:scott.lockwood at zethcon.com>> wrote:

Greetings,

I've perused the FAQs at source forge, but couldn't find anything
addressing the topic of false positives. We have an application we develop
in house that is being incorrectly flagged by clamscan as
Trojan.SusPacked.BF-6.B.
Could someone point me in the right direction to ensure that we don't get
flagged with this in the future? I've had our development team verify that
the binaries are good, and fresh compiled versions from source also get
tagged this way.

Lastly, if this is the wrong place to ask, I apologize. I couldn't find
anything in the FAQ, and Google didn't turn up anything useful. Any help,
including, "Hey, go over there to XXX list and ask about this"
greatly appreciated.

--
W. Scott Lockwood III
630-748-3117