[Clamav-devel] Clam* build incompat with OpenSSL 1.1.0x ? patch available

G.W. Haywood clamav-devel at jubileegroup.co.uk
Fri Dec 1 12:28:43 EST 2017

Hi there,

On Fri, 1 Dec 2017, pgndev wrote:

> I'm building clam 0.99.3/head,
> The build FAILs -- as it has for over a year -- when linking against
> OpenSSL 1.1.0x libs/api, due to reference of deprecated symbols,
> Mod'ing the build by applying changes similar to a 3rd-party patch
> ... also available for over a year now,
> and exec OK
> What's needed to get full OpenSSL 1.1.0 compat into master branch?

Either a community with the will and the energy to fork it, or some
kind of serious commitment to the project from Cisco/Sourcefire which
wouldn't be so laughable for a company with over seventy thousand
employees.

Cisco figures, for anyone interested (Wikipedia/Cisco_Systems today):

Revenue
   US$ 48.0 billion
Net income
   US$ 9.6 billion
Total assets
   US$ 129.8 billion

It seems to me that Cisco, having taken what it wants from the project
to use in things that it sells, would be very happy for it to die -
but it can't be seen to just kill it, because that wouldn't look well.
I'd love for them to show (*) me that I'm wrong.

(*) Not tell.

--

73,
Ged.