[Clamav-devel] Slow scan when load average increase

Enrico Bianchi enrico.bianchi at live.com
Fri Sep 8 12:07:32 EDT 2017

I have a strange problem. With ClamAV 0.99.2 and latest database
version, when I scan a big email, performance decrease when I have an
small load average increase. For example, with a 25Mb email, in a
virtual machine with 2Gb of RAM, 4 cores and load average at 0, clamscan
terminate in 46 seconds. With load average at 3 (for simulating an high
load average, I've used the stress command), clamscan terminate in 2
minutes. Is normal? I've tested this behaviour in Linux (virtual and
phisical) and in FreeBSD. I've also attached a strace of the clamscan
(please, note that I have the same problem with clamd)

Cheers,
Enrico