[Clamav-devel] 'Nutan Jayavant' <nutan.jayavant at itcube.net>; 'Surajit Mitra' <surajit at itcube.net>

Pradeep Gavhane pradeep.gavhane at itcube.net
Thu Apr 5 03:16:27 EDT 2018

Hello,

We have scenario where we need to scan file before upload to application
server. For that we have integrated clamAV(nClam) services in MVC web
Application. We are sending file in chunk for scanning.

We want to understand the scanning mechanism w.r.t. below points

1.       Where exactly  scan happened by ClamAV (nclam) service?  At Client
side OR At  Server side.

a.       if scan happened at server side

                                                               i.      What
happens with infected file? Infected file already sent to server then what
will be the chances to spread the virus in the system.

2.       We need to understand how nclam service works?

3.       Does it deleting the infected files or we need to do it explicitly?

Thank you in advance!!

Best Regards,

Pradeep Gavhane  . Software Engineer  .  <http://www.itcube.net/index.html>
ITCube Solutions Pvt. Ltd. - 'Making IT Your Competitive Advantage'.

( (O)  +91-020 - 24280665,666,667 | Skype: Pradeep Gavhane

P Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to