[Clamav-devel] Long term plans for LLVM bytecode compilation?

Micah Snyder (micasnyd) micasnyd at cisco.com
Sat Dec 8 11:30:38 EST 2018

Hi Rafael,

1:
Current thoughts here are to drop the repackaged LLVM entirely and to deprecate support for system-installed LLVM in favor of the bytecode interpreter.  If we put in time to update support for system-installed LLVM, we'd be better served by aiming at the newest releases.   Now that said, please note that LLVM's major version number started accelerating only in the last 3 years or so (http://releases.llvm.org/).  They have very few minor releases these days.

2:
I am curious about switching from autotools to CMake, though that's a pretty huge task, and I've probably heard as much or more griping about Cmake as I have about autotools. I'd like to spend more time weighing pros and cons.

Micah Snyder
ClamAV Development
Talos
Cisco Systems, Inc.