[Clamav-devel] ClamAV® blog: ClamAV 0.100.0-rc has been posted!
Joel Esler (jesler)
jesler at cisco.com
Thu Mar 22 17:50:51 EDT 2018
ClamAV 0.100.0-rc has been posted!
ClamAV 0.100.0 is a feature release (candidate) which includes many code submissions from the ClamAV community. As always, it can be downloaded from our downloads site on clamav.net<http://www.clamav.net/downloads>. Some of the more prominent submissions include:
* Interfaces to the Prelude SIEM open source package for collecting ClamAV virus events.
* Support for Visual Studio 2015 for Windows builds.
* Support libmspack internal code or as a shared object library. The internal library is the default and contains additional integrity checks.
* Linking with openssl 1.1.0.
* Deprecation of the AllowSupplementaryGroups parameter statement in clamd, clamav-milter, and freshclam. Use of supplementary is now in effect by default.
* Numerous bug fixes, typo corrections, and compiler warning fixes.
Additionally, we have introduced important changes and new features in ClamAV 0.100, including but not limited to:
* Deprecating internal LLVM code support. The configure script has changed to search the system for an installed instance of the LLVM development libraries, and to otherwise use the bytecode interpreter for ClamAV bytecode signatures. To use the LLVM Just-In-Time compiler for executing bytecode signatures, please ensure that the LLVM development package at version 3.6 or lower is installed. Using the deprecated LLVM code is possible with the command: `./configure --with-system-llvm=no`, but it no longer compiles on all platforms.
* Compute and check PE import table hash (a.k.a. "imphash") signatures.
* Support file property collection and analysis for MHTML files.
* Raw scanning of PostScript files.
* Fix clamsubmit to use the new virus and false positive submission web interface.
* Optionally, flag files with the virus "Heuristic.Limits.Exceeded" when size limitations are exceeded.
* Improved decoders for PDF files.
* Reduced number of compile time warnings.
* Improved support for C++11.
* Improved detection of system installed libraries.
* Fixes to ClamAV's Container system and the introduction of Intermediates for more descriptive signatures.
* Improvements to clamd's On-Access scanning capabilities for Linux.
The ClamAV team thanks the following individuals for their code submissions:
Daniel J. Luke
Sebastian Andrzej Siewior
ClamAV has an active issue queue and enjoys continual improvement but as sad as I am to say it, we couldn't address every bug in this release. I want to draw your attention a couple bugs in particular so as not to frustrate users setting up ClamAV:
* Platform: macOS:
* Bug: If you attempt to build ClamAV with a system installed LLVM you may receive a linker error. We recently changed default linking behavior to prefer dynamic linking over static linking. As a result, we've uncovered a bug in building on macOS where dynamic linking against the LLVM libraries fails. To work around this bug, please add the --with-llvm-linking=static option to your ./configure call.
* Platform: CentOS 6 32bit, older versions of AIX:
* Bug: On CentOS 6 32bit we observed that specific versions of zlib fail to correctly decompress the CVD signature databases. If you are on an older system such as CentoOS 6 32bit and observe failures loading the signature database, please consider upgrading to a newer version of zlib.
* Platform: Miscellaneous
* Bug: When cross compiling on certain legacy systems (Solaris, AIX, OSX) against older system libraries that do not support strn functions linking may fail during compile time. While automatic checking is done during configure time to check for unsupported libs, this problem can be manually avoided using the --enable-strni configure flag if it is encountered.
Please check out 0.100.0-rc and provide us feedback on the ClamAV Mailing lists<http://www.clamav.net/contact#ml>. As always, a big thank you to the ClamAV Community!
More information about the clamav-devel