[clamav-users] Submission vor *.ace file rejected

Helmut Hullen hhullen at aktivanet.de
Tue May 26 07:12:00 EDT 2015

Hallo, clamav-users,

I've tried today and also last week to submit a file which contains a
virus; it's named "t-online.ace".
Before this try I had submitted many other "virulent" files without any
problem.

With the above mentioned file I get the answer

-----------------------------

ClamAV Virus Database

Result:

Please only submit ZIP archives encrypted with password virus.

Please correct the above errors and retry. Thank you for helping the ClamAV project.

"jotti.org" and "virustotal.com" have allowed the upload, both tell some
virus alerts.

How can I upload this file for the database of ClamAV?

Should I "re-zip" it with the proposed password "virus"? I'd prefer if
ClamAV can detect the original "*.ace" file ...

Viele Gruesse!
Helmut