[clamav-users] Hey there...is there any "cleaning"-type function in CLAMav?

Noel Jones njones at megan.vbhcs.org
Sat May 30 14:47:35 EDT 2015

On 5/30/2015 5:48 AM, Janko "Jt" stimac wrote:
> Hey there All! :-)
>
> Also,...I was wondering if there is any other way than "command-line" to
> start Clamav (ie, something other than "clamscan -" to start the ClamAV
> program)?
> I heard about there being a "front-end" for Linux for ClamAV, but, never
> found anything.
>
> Thanks, in advance...
>
> Sincerely,...
>
> Jt

No, clam does not have a feature to clean or disinfect files.
Despite what commercial AV may tell you, there is seldom a reliable
way to perform cleaning.  If a (formerly good) file is infected, the
best course of action is to restore it from a trusted backup.

Clam does have options to automatically delete or quarantine
infected files.  Be careful with these; a false positive can ruin
your day.

No, there is no pretty clicky interface for clam.  It wouldn't be
hard to write one if someone felt it was needed...