[clamav-users] false positive rate

Tsutomu Oyamada oyamada at promark-inc.com
Sat Oct 1 21:19:39 EDT 2016

Hi,

We like to know the Malware Detection Rate of ClamAV.
We are finding "False positive" as ClamAV scanning result in our developing environment.
It is very rare or allmost nothing for us to find "false positive" from other vendors AV products
such as Sophos or Symantec in the same environment.
Is there a possibility of unsuitable configuration of our product?
( e.g. to set heuristic level higher or lower)
We know well that no AV program can get zero (0) percent of false positive, however
we like to have lower frequency of false positive as well as higher detection rate.

Bestregards,

Promark