[clamav-users] Win.Trojan.Agent-1760811 FP with ssh-agent

Joel Esler (jesler) jesler at cisco.com
Wed Oct 12 10:02:50 EDT 2016

I’ve dropped this sig.

Thanks Al.

Joel Esler
jesler at cisco.com<mailto:jesler at cisco.com>

On Oct 12, 2016, at 4:07 AM, Al Varnell <alvarnell at mac.com<mailto:alvarnell at mac.com>> wrote:

Sorry for all the confusion. My testing earlier today was in error.

OpenSSH version 7.2_p2 is in fact included with macOS Sierra 10.12 and includes the ssh-agent process which tests as infected with Win.Trojan.Agent-1760811 and is therefore a False Positive.

I have submitted it to the web site at this time and has an MD5 of 3cbe857b1bc267fb8fa5da3856008ddd.

Virus Total shows only ClamAV detection:
<https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/7815ec173d45abb2606c718fc1261bb4309254daa7b474e87541c6dc19dc934c/analysis/>.

This is the third FP submitted in the last two days where ClamAV is the only scanner on VT showing infection of a legitimate commercial software file, so I have to wonder if there is some systemic issue with the signature automation process now.

-Al-