[clamav-users] Removing Tool for ClamXav

Al Varnell alvarnell at mac.com
Wed Oct 26 20:14:11 EDT 2016

Katy,

Sorry if I wasn't clear before.

There is no need for a removal tool any more. The instructions you referenced from Colorado are out-of-date.

Just quit ClamXav Sentry (if you use it) and make sure it's not set to launch at log in. Then simply drag ClamXav.app to the trash; after a few seconds you'll see a message asking if you would also like to uninstall the scanning engine. The uninstaller will remove the scanning engine and any schedules you've got set up.

That being said, I don't understand your statement that it takes up too much space. That isn't an issue I've heard from any other user. The Application itself takes up only 27MB and the scan engine another 200MB. Could something else be using more space than that?

-Al-

On Wed, Oct 26, 2016 at 01:55 PM, Al Varnell wrote:

> The information you are looking for can be found at the bottom of this page <https://www.clamxav.com/faq.php#Q23>
>
> If you still have issues or questions, send a request to support at clamxav.com.
>
> -Al-
>
> On Wed, Oct 26, 2016 at 12:53 PM, Abbas Kathleen wrote:
>>
>> Hi All
>> I have a MacBook Pro running OSX 10.9.5  I need to remove this application off of my computer.
>> I went to http://www.colorado.edu/oit/tutorial/uninstall-clamxav
>> and followed the directions and had to re download the program as spotlight couldn’t find it. There is no folder or uninstaller
>> for this program.  Yikes I have to get it off it is using too much space and I’m getting warnings
>>
>> Thanks for any help
>>

>> Katy

-Al-
--