[clamav-users] UN-Installing ClamXav Mac

G.W. Haywood clamav at jubileegroup.co.uk
Sat Oct 29 13:50:17 EDT 2016

Hi there,

On Sat, 29 Oct 2016, Al Varnell wrote:

> You have come to the wrong place ...

... and not for the first time!

Apart from your lack of courtesy, Katy, ClamAV is not the only problem.

A quick google search for 'mac beginners guide' gave me a little over
twenty-two million hits.  Somewhere in there will be a forum where
people will be very happy to explain to you the use of command-line
tools like 'df', 'cd', 'ls', 'du' and 'rm', not only to find out how
you are using disc space but also to do something about it much more
easily than messing about with GUIs.  If you use these tools, please
be careful with that last one.  The others are mostly harmless.

SSDs have a deservedly poor reliability reputation, and when they fail
they tend not to fail gracefully, a few sectors at a time, like discs
often do, but - instead - by going 100% unreadable somewhere inbetween
consecutive CPU clock cycles with absolutely no warning whatsoever.

If you have anything that's important to you on your SSD which isn't
*already* backed up, then you might want to get yourself a couple of
large USB memory sticks to take care of that.  Right now.

--

73,
Ged.