[clamav-users] Trouble installing

Lambda Fox lambdafox at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 4 07:48:54 EDT 2017

I am running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.

I see on the ClamAV page, that dot net 2.0 support is needed.

dot net 4.0 was installed with SP1, and I have all updates installed.

The registry shows support for dot net 2.0 as:

v2.0.50727

I downloaded and installed:

clamav-0.99.2-x64.msi

from the clamav.net web site.

ClamAV does not show up in my system tray.
Nor does it show up in my programs menu.

I tried doing a repair to the install using programs and features.  I then uninstalled and downloaded a second time to see if maybe my download was bad.  I get the same results.

I see in Windows explorer that it created a ClamAV-x64 folder in my Program Files folder.

If I double click the executables I see there, a command prompt opens and closes very fast.  Nothing else seems to happen.