[clamav-users] Manual cdiff update procedure

venkat swaminathan venkat.330 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 07:59:30 EDT 2017

Correct me if i am wrong : freshclam needs configuration where I need
to setup update server. But,my client system is connected to single
server where only 2 ports are open for operation

Port 1 : For executing commands in client machine from remote server
Port 2 : Port for file transfer.

Based on current availability, I am exploring ways to achieve updates.

Implementation expectation:
1. Setup a Private Local Mirrors in remote server
2. Download signature / definitions from clamAv mirror in remote server
3. Get current version from clientX with command
4. Download CDIFF from server
5. SFTP the CDIFF to client machine
6. Run script in client machine to update the CDIFF in CVD

Request some guidance

Regards
Venkat.S