[clamav-users] Win.Exploit.CVE_2016_3301-6210129-0 detected. Could this be a false positive?

ANANT S ATHAVALE asa at isac.gov.in
Sat Apr 8 08:38:04 EDT 2017

----- Message from Ralf Hildebrandt <Ralf.Hildebrandt at charite.de> ---------
     Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2017 13:37:48 +0200
     From: Ralf Hildebrandt <Ralf.Hildebrandt at charite.de>
  Subject: Re: [clamav-users] Win.Exploit.CVE_2016_3301-6210129-0
detected. Could this be a false positive?
       To: clamav-users at lists.clamav.net

> * ANANT S ATHAVALE <asa at isac.gov.in>:
>> Hi List,
>>
>> One of the .pptx file which was attached is getting detected as VIRUS:
>> Win.Exploit.CVE_2016_3301-6210129-0.  As it is a official document and can't
>> to uploaded for submission.  How to manually verify?
>
> What do you want to verify?
>
> --
> Ralf Hildebrandt                   Charite Universitätsmedizin Berlin
> ralf.hildebrandt at charite.de        Campus Benjamin Franklin
> https://www.charite.de             Hindenburgdamm 30, 12203 Berlin
> Geschäftsbereich IT, Abt. Netzwerk fon: +49-30-450.570.155

----- End message from Ralf Hildebrandt <Ralf.Hildebrandt at charite.de> -----

Hello,

It is not getting detected by McAfee which is already installed in
Windows Platform in our setup.  Now, I can not share the document due
to technical contents.  Now, how to prove that, yes, it is really
contains a vulnerability.

--
      सादर धन्यवाद/ Thanks & Regards
           अनंत / Anant