[clamav-users] We STILL cannot reliably get virus updates (since new mirrors)

Dennis Peterson dennispe at inetnw.com
Mon Jul 2 00:11:29 EDT 2018

What makes it a problem? You can never dl it until it is available, so the
problem is you become aware of it too soon. But think about what that means.
Your choices are to know immediately when an update is available and try to get
it, or wait until every mirror is synchonized, become notified, then try. The
first choice is a crapshoot you might win. The second choice isn't a crapshoot
but it also doesn't save time. Remembering all this is automated the result is
actually some uninteresting log entries.

It would be interesting to know if an update notice is sent to all mirrors in
the fashion of a DNS notification to slaves which would cause a parallel pull,
or if the update itself is pushed, and what the process is for updating the
client mirrors.dat file.

dp