[clamav-users] We STILL cannot reliably get virus updates (since new mirrors)

Joel Esler (jesler) jesler at cisco.com
Tue Jul 3 10:43:25 EDT 2018

On Jul 2, 2018, at 2:10 PM, Brian Morrison <bdm at fenrir.org.uk<mailto:bdm at fenrir.org.uk>> wrote:

On Mon, 2 Jul 2018 19:50:55 +0200
Reindl Harald wrote:

For me freshclam runs roughly every 2 hours, so I think that the
load is an order of magnitude higher than you state. I will confess
that I don't know about the capability of web servers in this
regard, but the point that d.net<http://d.net/> made was that the DNS server would
always be more capable in this regard than a web server
come on - our main-server running ina virtual machine spits out 30000
requests/sec. on our core-cms in case of cache-hits and even on a 7
years old workstation far above 10000/sec and that is *not* static
content with a few bytes

How many requests/sec can a DNS server process?

Given that the clamav mirrors seem to be struggling (new system, I know)
I still think that anything that reduces the load they are serving ought
to be a good idea. Not my day job though...

I made an adjustment yesterday.  Are people still seeing this error?

--
Joel Esler
Sr. Manager