[clamav-users] Is ClamAV available on the hypervisor?

Remi Bruggeman remi.bruggeman.ext at bayer.com
Thu Jul 5 02:30:29 EDT 2018

Hello 조정환,

What type of hypervisor are we talking about?
Depending on the hypervisor ClamAV could be installed, but I would certainly not recommend this. It would be better to block remote access to it so no bad actors can get near it.

Can you be a bit more specific on question2? You went to ‘sniff’ the ClamAV network traffic?
To my knowledge, unless otherwise configured, ClamAV will only download updates.
If your intention is to use ClamAV to monitor network traffic for bad actors, I fear ClamAV is not designed for this.

Best regards,

Remi Bruggeman