[clamav-users] LibClamAV Warning: RWX mapping denied

Micah Snyder (micasnyd) micasnyd at cisco.com
Mon Jul 16 11:07:25 EDT 2018

Hi Tilman,

Sorry no one has responded to you yet.  I hate seeing questions go unanswered, but I truthfully don't know the answer.

Did you find a solution?

Micah Snyder
ClamAV Development
Talos
Cisco Systems, Inc.

On Jul 10, 2018, at 4:46 AM, Tilman Schmidt <tschmidt at cardtech.de<mailto:tschmidt at cardtech.de>> wrote:

This morning, a bunch of RHEL6 systems greeted me with mails saying:

/etc/cron.daily/freshclam:

ERROR: During database load : LibClamAV Warning: RWX mapping denied:
Can't allocate RWX Memory: Permission denied

I found an old Red Hat Bugzilla entry (Bug 1172774) for Fedora 21 which
was closed as fixed by an selinux-policy update on 2015-08-14.
However the systems in question have been running for two years with
that configuration.

This is RHEL6 with the ClamAV packages from EPEL:

clamav-0.99.4-1.el6.x86_64
clamav-db-0.99.4-1.el6.x86_64
clamd-0.99.4-1.el6.x86_64

Why would freshclam suddenly trigger that message now?

Thanks,
Tilman