[clamav-users] ClamAV® blog: ClamAV 0.100.0 has been released!

Micah Snyder (micasnyd) micasnyd at cisco.com
Tue Jul 17 08:44:05 EDT 2018

ClamAV has 3 options for handling bytecode signatures:

  1.  Built-in LLVM (based on LLVM 2.8)
  2.  Built-in bytecode interpreter
  3.  System-installed LLVM (support limited to LLVM 3.6 at this time, although Debian has had success with a set of patches that enabled support up to 3.9).

With 0.99 the built-in LLVM was preferred over the bytecode interpreter.
With 0.100, the built-in LLVM (2.8) feature was deprecated in favor of either the interpreter or system-installed LLVM (when available).  It's still there, but we are hoping to remove it in a future version.

If you don't provide the older LLVM 3.6 for ClamAV, it will use it's built-interpreter rather than just-in-time-compile the signatures.

Micah Snyder
ClamAV Development
Talos
Cisco Systems, Inc.