[clamav-users] Hey thanks, But I'm still clueless.

cryofruit at keemail.me cryofruit at keemail.me
Tue Jul 24 17:15:51 EDT 2018

I just got this, was in my spam folder for no obvious reason. I'm really sorry I didn't see your reply sooner. I've just been begging for help in the main email list thing, haha. Sorry! and Thank you I will be very patient, don't worry about it. Your really helping me alot here and I appreciate it alot. (I did not mean to imply that someone else answered my questions because they did NOT just to be very clear and avoid confusion. sorry hehe)

24. Jul 2018 11:24 by micasnyd at cisco.com <mailto:micasnyd at cisco.com>:

> [...]
>
> I put this together for you.  I'll try to similar user guide material in upcoming improvements to our documentation for the next release.
> Download: > http://www.clamav.net/downloads/production/clamav-0.100.1-win-x64-portable.zip <http://www.clamav.net/downloads/production/clamav-0.100.1-win-x64-portable.zip>>  > Unzip it.> Open the > clamav-0.100.1-win-x64-portable>  directory. > Hold down Shift and then right-click on the background in the current directory (but not on one of the files).  Select "Open PowerShell window here".  If that option doesn't appear, try again.> In the Powershell window, perform the following tasks> Run:  > copy .\conf_examples\freshclam.conf.sample .\> freshclam.conf> Run:  > write.exe .\freshclam.conf> WordPad will pop up.  Delete the line that says "> Example> ".  Save the file and close WordPad.> Run:  > .\freshclam.exe> freshclam will download some files and drop them in the > database>  directory.  This can take a minute or two depending on how fast your internet connection is.  The files are a pretty large. > You are now ready to perform scans with ClamAV.  If you wish, you may now copy the entire > clamav-0.100.1-win-x64-portable>  directory to the computer(s) you wish to scan.  However, you may wish to first try a scan.> Run this to scan the files in the current directory:  > .\clamscan.exe .> This will scan the current directory.  At the end of the scan, it will display a summary.  If you notice in the clamscan output, it only scanned something like 60 files, even though there are more files in subdirectories.  By default, clamscan will only scan files in the current directory.  > Run this to scan ALL the files in the current directory:  > .\clamscan.exe --recursive .> If you want to scan all of the files on your>  C:> drive, it will take quite a while.  Run the following, and keep in mind that you can cancel it at any time by pressing> Ctrl-C> .> .\clamscan --recursive C:\> For more information on ways you can use clamscan, run:  > .\clamscan.exe --help> I hope that helps.
> Regards,> Micah>  > Micah Snyder
> ClamAV Development
> Talos
> Cisco Systems, Inc.
>

>> On Jul 22, 2018, at 6:29 PM, >> cryofruit at keemail.me <mailto:cryofruit at keemail.me>>>  wrote:
>> Can anyone help me? I thought this would be more simple, I just trust ClamAv more than most other antiviruses out there. I'm in some trouble, can't figure this out. Thanks.
>>

>> Subject: [clamav-users] Hey thanks, But I'm still clueless. (argghh sorry)
>>

>>> You really seem to know what you're talking about and I really appreciate your help in the last email, but I'm so so lost here. I'm usually a little more used to linux and I was hoping you could give me an exact step by step list of guided detailed instructions for dummies if it's not too much trouble for you, perhaps something like
>>> 2. do that