[clamav-users] After 0.100.1 Update, clamd crashes

G.W. Haywood clamav at jubileegroup.co.uk
Tue Jul 31 13:14:29 EDT 2018

Hi there,

On Tue, 31 Jul 2018, Steve Basford wrote:

> My little issue is with this statement:
>
> "It wasn't quite clear at the offset of this bug, but ClamAV cannot
> support unofficial signatures from a development standpoint. For numerous
> reasons, we do not regress against those signatures, and in cases where
> sig writers publish non-functional signatures due to insufficient testing
> (which then cause crashes in newer versions of clam) we cannot devote our
> resources to fixing that problem." (above Bugzilla)

I'll take issue with that statement too.  That's a cr at p developer attitude.

If an unofficial signature causes (or is even _capable_ of causing) clam
to crash, that's a fault in clam that needs to be fixed.

If nothing else it means that you're quite likely less secure if you're
running clam on Linux than you are if you're _not_ running it.

--

73,
Ged.