[clamav-win32] Anyone using clamav on Win32 in multi threaded mode?

Mikhail_Anissiforov at bcc.biz Mikhail_Anissiforov at bcc.biz
Fri Apr 13 10:01:20 CEST 2007

Thanks Gerald for tip.

I will test it.

Regards,

Mikhail Anisiforov

Gerald Naveen A <ageraldnaveen at yahoo.com>
Sent by: clamav-win32-bounces at lists.clamav.net
12.04.2007 19:16
Please respond to
clamav-win32 at lists.clamav.net

cc

Subject
Re: [clamav-win32] Anyone using clamav on Win32 in multi threaded mode?

>> I have used normal clamav build in a multi-threading content.
>> Does it make sense to build thread-safe and not thread-safe version?
>> Should I use THREAD_SAFE or CL_THREAD_SAFE preprocessor option?
>> THREAD_SAFE doesn't exist in source code....

I meant CL_THREAD_SAFE by THREAD_SAFE. It definitely does make sense to
build
thread-safe libclamav if you intend to call more than one
cl_scanfile/cl_scandesc
simultaneously.

I believe this is the reason for your problems. Building libclamav with
CL_THREAD_SAFE
would do. However, if I am right, there is an uninitialized
CRITICAL_SECTION
issue, that
you will have to deal with. Once that is done, you should ideally have a
version that you
want.