[clamav-win32] Getting started with ClamAV for Windows as a service

Ryan ryanreg at e-telligent.com
Fri Dec 21 08:14:17 CET 2007

I'm not Jeff, but I'm also using ClamAV & hMailServer (successfully), so
hopefully the configs below will be of use. I'm assuming that you've made it
as far as running ClamAV as a service. If not you'll want to review the
archives from the last week or so. Note that if you're running 0.920, you
might want to download it again to make sure you have the newest build. The
1st release of didn't give exit codes to the caller (hMailServer) even
though the detection was recorded by clamd.log.

Ryan

hMailServer AntiVirus:
Use ClamWin: Check
ClamScan executable: C:\Program Files\ClamAV\clamdscan.exe
Path to ClamScan database: C:\Program Files\ClamAV\data

clamd.conf (comments & whitespace removed):
LogFile "C:\Program Files\clamAV\log\clamd.log"
LogTime Yes
LogSyslog Yes
PidFile "C:\Program Files\clamAV\run\clamd.pid"
TemporaryDirectory "C:\Program Files\clamAV\temp"
DatabaseDirectory "C:\Program Files\clamAV\data"
FixStaleSocket Yes
TCPSocket 3310
StreamMaxLength 10M
MaxDirectoryRecursion 15