[clamav-win32] way to run Clam AV with DOS

Tom Metro tmetro+clamwin32 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 22:19:54 CEST 2007

leegold wrote:
> Is there a way to run Clam AV with DOS?

Not likely.

> ...boot to DOS with floppy, then run the AV.
> Avoiding .net and the win32 install...

You can get the equivalent by using a bootable Linux CD. ClamAV will run
happily there. There are numerous bootable Linux CDs to try. I don't
know of any that specifically bundle ClamAV. They also have varying
support of NTFS. Some read-only. Some requiring DLLs from a Windows
installation.

One I use is:
http://www.sysresccd.org/

Others can be found here:
http://www.hrlug.org/cddistro.html

Another option is to use a bootable Windows CD. It'll boot slower, but
may offer better access to an NTFS file system. One tool like this is:

http://www.ubcd4win.com/

It includes a few AV tools.

  -Tom

--