[clamav-win32] ClamD crashing every 12-18 hours

Jason S Short, Ph.D. jason at emeraldtechnologyinc.com
Thu Mar 8 19:46:01 CET 2007

I don't know what else I can do to help with the debugging.  I downloaded
the source, but the service stuff is not included.  I was going to add a
monitor for the service when it crashes to restart it and add an event to
the log.

At this point I am going to have to stop using ClamD as it is too unstable.
It is crashing every 12-18 hours with memory consumption up around 250MB
each time it crashes.  The service does not allow me to use the built in
recovery tools in Server 2003 either.

Anyone have a solution?

I suppose a could write an app to just connect on the ClamD port
periodically and when it stops responding restart the main service, but that
seems like a hack.

Jason