[clamav-win32] Clamd as a service in Windows 2003 Server

Matthias Karl clamav at mtcom.ws
Mon Oct 22 09:58:33 CEST 2007

Hi

I've downloaded and installed ClamAV to run clamd as a service on my Server as I want to scan mail attachments by my mailserver.

But I simply cannot get clamd installed as a service. I've first tried with the MS resource kit tools and installed clamd.exe as a service. But I can never start it with that.

Then I found in the archives here a zip-file with a vb-script that installs clamd as a service and initially it was running, but when I try to start it now, I get the error:

"Could not start the ClamAV for Windows service on Local Computer

Error 193: 0xc1"

Does anybody know how to install it as a service?

Thanks in advance.

Matthias