[clamav-win32] the welcome message!

Tom Metro tmetro+clamwin32 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 20:09:32 CET 2008

Nigel Horne wrote:
> Off the top of my head I see nothing to think that clamAV won't compile
> and run under Windows 2000, though Windows NT is rather old.

I've tried a few 3rd party command-line ports of ClamAV that run on
Windows NT, and I'd presume Windows 2000. ClamWin, another 3rd party
port, doesn't, but that's only because of the GUI wrapper.

I haven't tried the official Win32 port of ClamAV on Windows NT, but I'd
bet that it would work. Open source tends to be far more supportive of
old versions of Windows - especially the cross platform projects -
compared to commercial vendors. A notable exception is Mozilla dropping
NT support in Firefox and Thunderbird 3.0, though they supported it for
a long time.

  -Tom

--
Tom Metro