[Clamav-announce] ClamAV® blog: ClamAV 0.98.5 has been released!
Joel Esler (jesler)
jesler at cisco.com
Tue Nov 18 17:11:13 EST 2014
ClamAV 0.98.5 has been released!
Welcome to ClamAV 0.98.5! ClamAV 0.98.5 includes important new features
for collecting and analyzing file properties. Software developers and
analysts may collect file property meta data using the ClamAV API for
subsequent analysis by ClamAV bytecode programs. Using these features
will require that libjson-c is installed, but otherwise libjson-c is not
Look for our upcoming series of blog posts to learn more about using the
ClamAV API and bytecode facilities for collecting and analyzing file
ClamAV 0.98.5 also includes these new features and bug fixes:
• Support for the XDP file format and extracting, decoding, and scanning PDF files within XDP files. Addition of shared library support for LLVM versions 3.1 - 3.5 for the purpose of just-in-time(JIT) compilation of ClamAV bytecode signatures. Andreas Cadhalpun submitted the patch implementing this support.
• Enhancements to the clambc command line utility to assist ClamAV bytecode signature authors by providing introspection into compiled bytecode programs.
• Resolution of many of the warning messages from ClamAV compilation.
• Improved detection of malicious PE files.
• Security fix for ClamAV crash when using 'clamscan -a'. This issue was identified by Kurt Siefried of Red Hat.
• Security fix for ClamAV crash when scanning maliciously crafted yoda's crypter files. This issue, as well as several other bugs fixed in this release, were identified by Damien Millescamp of Oppida.
• ClamAV 0.98.5 now works with OpenSSL in FIPS compliant mode. Thanks to Reinhard Max for supplying the patch.
• Bug fixes and other feature enhancements. See Changelog or git log for details.
Thanks to the following ClamAV community members for code submissions
and bug reporting included in ClamAV 0.98.5:
Sebastian Andrzej Siewior
Please download the latest release of ClamAV from 0.98.5 from our download page.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the clamav-announce