[Clamav-announce] ClamAV® blog: The ClamAV 0.101.0 release candidate is here!
Joel Esler (jesler)
jesler at cisco.com
Mon Nov 19 14:40:30 EST 2018
The ClamAV 0.101.0 release candidate is here!
The ClamAV 0.101.0 release candidate is here<http://www.clamav.net/downloads>!
We have also made significant improvements to our User Manual<https://github.com/Cisco-Talos/clamav-devel/blob/dev/0.101/docs/UserManual.md> (the user manual will be moved to clamav.net<http://clamav.net> soon) and to the inline Doxygen documentation in clamav.h for libclamav users. Please take a peek, and consider submitting your own recommendations via GitHub pull-request. In particular, we'd love to expand the Usage section with details on how to integrate ClamAV with other software. Your input would be greatly appreciated.
A short summary of the improvements found in 0.101:
* Changes to the libclamav API:
* Those who build applications around our shared library will need to change how they declare and pass scanning options to libclamav. Please take a look at the change to our example code for details.
* Scanning functions now have a filename argument. The argument is optional, but improves the efficiency when parsing certain types that require a file on disk to open and read, and will allow for additional improvements in the future.
* Many of the scanning option #defines have changed. These can be found in our clamav.h header.
* The libclamav version number has changed.
* Some of the clamd config and clamscan command line option names have changed. The original versions will still work for a time, but eventually they will be deprecated. These options in question are detailed in the NEWS document.
* A new sub-signature type called "Byte Compare". Byte Compare sub-signatures can be used to evaluate a numeric value at a given offset from the start of another (matched) sub-signature within the same logical signature. That numerical value may be interpreted from signed ascii decimal, unsigned ascii hex, or unsigned binary data relative to a match offset. For details, see the signature writing documentation.
* Changes to our documentation. Documentation is now in Markdown and should be easier to navigate and easier to contribute to.
* Support for extraction/scanning of RAR v5.x archives.
For additional details on changes in 0.101, please read the notes in our NEWS document.
Thank you in advance for test-driving the ClamAV 0.101 release candidate<http://www.clamav.net/downloads>! Bugs should be brought to our attention via the clamav-devel mailing list<http://www.clamav.net/contact#ml> or via bugzilla<https://bugzilla.clamav.net/>.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the clamav-announce