[Clamav-devel] Introducing OpenSSL as a dependency to ClamAV

Mark Allan markjallan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 06:58:54 EST 2014

Looks like relying on OpenSSL might cause problems for ClamAV on OS X.

Al (a regular contributor to this list) pointed me towards the following blog post

https://hynek.me/articles/apple-openssl-verification-surprises/

It explains some of the problems with Apple's installation of OpenSSL, and offers some workarounds.  Relying on homebrew or MacPorts isn't an option for me because I produce compiled pre-packaged installers for ClamAV on OS X; I provide these to the general public, so have to expect users to be running the standard Apple-supplied OpenSSL.

Can I ask you to consider one of the two code-level solutions proposed in that blog post please?  Presumably it would have to be implemented as a configure flag rather than for all Mac builds as I suspect some of the more advanced ClamAV users out there *will* have compiled their own OpenSSL.

Thanks
Mark