[Clamav-devel] ClamAV® blog: ClamAV 0.99 Release Candidate has been posted!
Joel Esler (jesler)
jesler at cisco.com
Thu Oct 15 17:13:30 EDT 2015
ClamAV 0.99 Release Candidate has been posted!
ClamAV 0.99 Release Candidate has been posted for download! Please check out the below release notes:
This the first release of ClamAV that is being done on both ClamAV.net<http://clamav.net> and SourceForge. If you are a package or mirror maintainer, make sure you start moving your download location from SourceForge over to ClamAV.net<http://clamav.net>.
ClamAV 0.99 contains major new features and changes. YARA rules, Perl Compatible Regular Expressions, revamped on-access scanning for Linux, and other new features join the many great features of ClamAV:
* Processing of YARA rules(some limitations- see signatures.pdf).
* Support in ClamAV logical signatures for many of the features added for YARA, such as Perl Compatible Regular Expressions, alternate strings, and YARA string attributes. See signatures.pdf for full details.
* New and improved on-access scanning for Linux. See the recent blog post and clamdoc.pdf for details on the new on-access capabilities.
* A new ClamAV API callback function that is invoked when a virus is found. This is intended primarily for applications running in all-match mode. Any applications using all-match mode must use the new callback function to record and report detected viruses.
* Configurable default password list to attempt zip file decryption.
* TIFF file support.
* Upgrade Windows pthread library to 2.9.1.
* A new signature target type for designating signatures to run against files with unknown file types.
* Improved fidelity of the "data loss prevention" heuristic algorithm. Code supplied by Bill Parker.
* Support for LZMA decompression within Adobe Flash files.
* Support for MSO attachments within Microsoft Office 2003 XML files.
* A new sigtool option(--ascii-normalize) allowing signature authors to more easily generate normalized versions of ascii files.
* Windows installation directories changed from \Program Files\Sourcefire\ClamAV to \Program Files\ClamAV or \Program Files\ClamAV-x64.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are using clamd on-access scanning or have applications using all-match mode, you will want to review the changes and make any necessary adjustments before using ClamAV 0.99. Users of windows binaries need to be aware of the change of installation directories.
Thank you to the ClamAV community members who sent patches and bug reports included for ClamAV 0.99:
Sebastian Andrzej Siewior
Yann E. Morin
The ClamAV team (http://www.clamav.net/about.html#credits)
Manager, Talos Group
More information about the clamav-devel