[Clamav-devel] [clamav-users] how to avoid false positive in clamAV

Mark Allan markjallan at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 05:16:45 EDT 2017

To whitelist specific files this way, you need to add the m5sum to a file with the .fp extension.  So, in your example, it should be sigtool --md5  my_file_name.exe >> local.fp

If you want to ignore the signature altogether, you add the signature name to a file with the extension ign2.

For what it's worth, this is on page 23 of the "signatures.pdf" document that ships with the ClamAV source code.

Best regards
Mark