[Clamav-devel] Auto Scan any plugged in usb strogage device with ClamAV

Dale dale at daleenterprise.com
Mon Jul 10 06:09:00 EDT 2017

If you want simple you can write a daemon to monitor the USB bus for
the attachment of a Mass Storage device and have it run clamscan on
the device before it actually mounts it, I've done similar to process
a special hidden partition on an HD if available and there are a lot
of USB and mass storage device example code from Apple and in the dev
tools you can use as reference although I would personally examine
the PHP extension code that was with an older version of ClamAV (not
sure if they still include it) and link the libraries directly to the
daemon and perform the scan directly but that's just me.

-- Dale