[clamav-users] ClamAV®: ClamAV 0.98.5 beta has been posted!

Greg Folkert greg at donor.com
Wed Jul 9 09:38:11 EDT 2014

On Wed, 2014-07-09 at 15:01 +0200, Frank Elsner wrote:

> > On 09.07.14 13:07, Frank Elsner wrote:
> > >Fedora 17, compiled ok, but
> > >
> > ># service clamav restart
> > >Stopping ClamAV                                            [  OK  ]
> > >Starting ERROR: This tool requires libclamav with functionality level 78 or higher (current f-level: 77)
> > >                                                           [FAILED]
> >
> > do you have older clamav (library) installation somewhere by any chance?
>
> No. Same call to configure as for clamav-0.98.4.

I would do some spelunking and check, assuming the answer is no, because
you compiled it the same way, doesn't mean the old file was updated or
removed and replaced. The Initialization scripts might have changed and
look in a place earlier than it used to.

Do something like "updatedb" and then "locate libclamav" and then look
at the date and age of the references returned.

I'm betting you'll find and old one in there some where...
--
greg folkert - systems administration and support
web:    donor.com
email:  greg at donor.com
phone:  877-751-3300 x416
direct: 616-328-6449 (direct dial and fax)
"He has achieved success who has worked well, laughed often, and loved
much."
    -- Elbert Hubbard