[clamav-users] old signature files

c chupela cnctema68 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 16 12:08:44 EDT 2014

I've inherited an old CentOS(v5.5)  installation running CLamAV 0.95.3.  /usr/local/share/clamav is using 283GB of space, and it looks like old signature updates. I saw a previous question on this with a newer release of clam, and the advice given was to check freshclam.log, because updates weren't being applied if they were left lying around.

I however don't have one of those logs  on the server.

Anyone know with this older release if issues were logged elsewhere?   Can I just delete these old pattern files? THey go back to early 2010.

THanks

Chris