[clamav-users] No filenames listed by clamscan.

J. W. Andersen jwa at fasytek.dk
Sat Mar 1 11:01:20 EST 2014

After upgrading from 0.97.6  to 0.98.1 I get the following messages on
the console:

LibClamAV: Warning: SWF: Invalid tag length.
LibClamAV: Warning: SWF: Invalid tag length.
LibClamAV: Warning: SWF: Invalid tag length.
LibClamAV: Warning: SWF: Invalid tag length.
LibClamAV: Warning: fmap:  map allocation failed.
LibClamAV: Error: CRITICAL: fmap () failed.
LibClamAV: Warning: SWF: Invalid tag length.

upon scanning a large linux directory (some 60 GB) with clamscan.

The real problem is, that clamscan does not tell me which scanned files
it is actually complaining about, not in sysout and not in syserr. With some
10,000 files in the directory it is impossible for me to find out which
files to correct or get rid of. I can prevent the "Invalid tag length" by
setting the --scan-archives to no, but that is hardly a solution if I want
the archives thoroughly scanned.

Can anyone tell me, what I shall do to retrieve the name of the
problematic files ?

Regards, Joern W. Andersen