[clamav-users] Keeping the ClamAV process open?

Scott Snow s_snow2 at u.pacific.edu
Sun Mar 2 22:55:02 EST 2014

I'm working on a MapReduce project using Amazon's EC2. The only bottleneck
I have is that it takes ~35-40 seconds to scan each file, which seems very
high. I'm using a c program as a wrapper for ClamAV, which takes a single
file and the mode. Does anyone know approximately how long it takes to
initialize ClamAV and load the virus db? Would it be possible to just keep
the ClamAV process loaded/running? I've been searching quite a bit, but
haven't found anything so far. If anyone has any other suggestions for
optimization, that would be appreciated as well. I'm not very familiar with
ClamAV.

Thanks.