[clamav-users] what is the result when clamav engine scan a broken file ?

黄海涛 hhtbyt at 126.com
Tue Mar 4 03:02:36 EST 2014

hello
what is the result when clamav engine scan a broken file ?
I  only know when clamav engine scan a broken   pe   file , the result depends on  scan options,
if scan options contain CL_SCAN_BLOCKBROKEN , result is CL_VIRUS, or else  result is  CL_CLEAN.

for example :
clamav-0.98\libclamav\pe.c
if( ctx->options & CL_SCAN_BLOCKBROKEN  && !ctx->corrupted_input)
{
    cli_append_virus(ctx,"Heuristics.Broken.Executable");
    return CL_VIRUS;
}

but , what is the result  when scan other broken  file( any except pe ) ?
is it still  depend on  scan options ?

I don't want  clamav engine regards  broken file as a virus.

I don't have enough time to confirm by reading source code,
who can tell me , thanks