[clamav-users] Why are the ClamAV team so slow at creating signatures ?

Tim Smith randomdev4 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 07:19:13 EDT 2014

Hi,

Over the last 24-48 hours, I submitted a number of email attachments.
RAR files that contained viruses.

Running one or two of them through VirusTotal today, I see ClamAV have
*STILL* not managed to produce virus definitions for them !

All of the commercial vendors I submitted the samples to had analysed
and created samples in timeframes ranging from hours to one day.

At this rate I'm going to be dumping ClamAV from my systems and
subscribing to a service from a commercial vendor .....

Looking forward to hearing the reasons why !