[clamav-users] Why are the ClamAV team so slow at creating signatures ?

Charles Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Fri Oct 3 17:11:15 EDT 2014

On Oct 3, 2014, at 1:54 PM, Leonardo Rodrigues <leolistas at solutti.com.br> wrote:
> On 03/10/14 08:19, Tim Smith wrote:
>> All of the commercial vendors I submitted the samples to had analysed
>> and created samples in timeframes ranging from hours to one day.
>>
>> At this rate I'm going to be dumping ClamAV from my systems and
>> subscribing to a service from a commercial vendor .....
>
>    are you really trying to compare response times from PAID sollutions to the free/community maintened ones ????

Assuming this wasn't a rhetorical question, the answer is pretty clearly: yes.

So what?  I would expect that an expensive A/V solution should do better than ClamAV for does for free.
Frankly, it's a credit to the ClamAV team that their offering provides significant value for the price....

Regards,
--
-Chuck