[clamav-users] Why are the ClamAV team so slow at creating signatures ?

Joel Esler (jesler) jesler at cisco.com
Mon Oct 6 09:22:04 EDT 2014

> On Oct 3, 2014, at 5:16 PM, Dennis Peterson <dennispe at inetnw.com> wrote:
>
> On 10/3/14 2:11:15PM, Charles Swiger wrote:

>>>    are you really trying to compare response times from PAID sollutions to the free/community maintened ones ????
>> Assuming this wasn't a rhetorical question, the answer is pretty clearly: yes.
>>
>> So what?  I would expect that an expensive A/V solution should do better than ClamAV for does for free.
>> Frankly, it's a credit to the ClamAV team that their offering provides significant value for the price....
>>
>> Regards,
>
> ClamAV also gives each of us tools to provide a Day Zero response to a threat. Our responsibility to our users (for those of us who have them) is to take advantage of that tool set.

Well said Dennis.

The other part of the equation is that we are always open to accepting the signatures and protection generated by our users for the greater good via our community signatures mailing list.

http://www.clamav.net/contact.html#ml <http://www.clamav.net/contact.html#ml>

--
Joel Esler
Open Source Manager