[clamav-users] unable to install on Scientific Linux 6.5

MarkusGMX Markus.Egg at gmx.at
Mon Oct 13 15:57:36 EDT 2014

Am 13/10/14 um 20:07 schrieb Cliff Hayes:
> openssl-devel was not installed.
> installed and re-attempted binary installation.
> I see the following 3 problems when using the following configure even
> though I told it where the libncurses and bz2 locations were:
> ./configure --with-xml=/usr/lib64 --with-libncurses-prefix=/lib64
> --without-libpdcurses-prefix --with-libcurl=/usr/lib64
> --with-libbz2-prefix=/usr/bin
>
> checking how to link with libbz2... -lbz2
> checking for BZ2_bzDecompressInit in -lbz2... no
> checking bzlib.h usability... no
> checking bzlib.h presence... no
> checking for bzlib.h... no
> configure: WARNING: ****** bzip2 support disabled

Did you try from source:
http://www.bzip.org/
?

> checking ncurses/ncurses.h usability... no
> checking ncurses/ncurses.h presence... no
> checking for ncurses/ncurses.h... no
> configure: unable to compile/link with ncurses
> checking ncurses.h usability... no
> checking ncurses.h presence... no
> checking for ncurses.h... no
> configure: unable to compile/link with ncurses
> checking curses.h usability... no
> checking curses.h presence... no
> checking for curses.h... no
> configure: unable to compile/link with pdcurses
> configure: WARNING: ****** not building clamdtop: ncurses not found

 From Source:
http://www.gnu.org/software/ncurses/
?

> checking for libcurl installation... configure: WARNING: libcurl not
> found. Please use the web interface for submitting FPs/FNs.
>
> checking for g++... no
> checking for c++... no

Seems to be a problem with your development environment.
I was able to install clamav on a Raspberry Pi and run it there,
but the development environment should have a minimum of things.
;-)

[...]
> checking whether the C++ compiler works... no

Ouch.

> configure: error: in `/software/clamav-0.98.4/libclamav/c++':
> configure: error: C++ compiler cannot create executables

Hmm, you should check development environment first and then start with the
sources once more.

BR
Markus

P.S.: does "Install and Live Media – x86_64" here :
https://www.scientificlinux.org/
contain the same environment that you have?
If yes then I could try it just for fun.
Problem is only that download is very slow (it uses only 1/4 of my bandwith for
reasons that are definitely not on my side).