[clamav-users] clamav eating CPU since Friday

Patrick von der Hagen patrick.hagen at kit.edu
Mon Oct 27 08:16:35 EDT 2014

Hi clamav-users,

I'm running Debian with exim4-daemon-heavy using clamav as an
antivirus-backend. It is basically the stock-debian installation. Clamav
is not doing anything but checking emails.

Usually clamav has little cpu-usage, but starting last Friday clamav
goes to 100% cpu-usage on one core, later to 100% cpu-usage on another
core, till all cores are busy running clamav at 100%.

There have been no updates and no changes recently. The volume of
messages has not increased. There might be some very strange emails sent
to my systemor there might be an issue with recent signatures?

Is there a way to revert to last Wednesdays signatures, so I can verify
wheter or not it is related to my signatures?

I'm really at a loss here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
CU,
Patrick.