[clamav-users] clamav eating CPU since Friday

Patrick von der Hagen patrick.hagen at kit.edu
Tue Oct 28 09:39:08 EDT 2014

On 27.10.2014 17:22, Steven Morgan wrote:
> Hi Patrick,
Hi Steven,

> Sounds like you probably have an infinite (or long running) loop, but I
> would like to get a little more info. Are you running the latest version of
> ClamAV? The latest is 0.98.4. You can tell with 'clamscan --version'. There
> was a long running loop issue that was fixed in 0.98.4.
root at mailin-01:~# clamscan --version
ClamAV 0.98.4/19549/Tue Oct 28 11:45:29 2014

> If you are already running 0.98.4, maybe we can try to reproduce the
> problem with a debug version of ClamAV and attach the gdb debugger to
> identify where is the problem? Running with debug messages turned on may
> also provide some insight. You can do this by starting clamd from a
> terminal window with the following options set in your clamd config file:
I activated the debug-log for now and will try to analyze it. Sadly, it
is not reproducible right now and I suppose I will have to wait some
hours for it to happen again.

--
Karlsruher Institut für Technologie (KIT)
Steinbuch Centre for Computing (SCC)

Patrick von der Hagen

Zirkel 2, Gebäude 20.21, Raum 005.1
76131 Karlsruhe
Telefon: +49 721 608-46433
E-Mail: hagen at kit.edu
Web: http://www.scc.kit.edu

KIT - Universität des Landes Baden-Württemberg und
nationales Forschungszentrum in der Helmholtz-Gemeinschaft