[clamav-users] ftp.heanet.ie mirror problem

Anssi Johansson clamav at miuku.net
Tue Aug 4 16:22:00 EDT 2015

It was recently brought to my attention that db.se.clamav.net points to
a single IP address, 193.1.193.64, which is ftp.heanet.ie.

Sadly that mirror does not seem to accept requests from anywhere, but
instead replies with a 403. This can be tested with:

curl -H "Host: db.local.clamav.net" -I http://193.1.193.64/daily-20760.cdiff

I would heartily recommend changing db.se.clamav.net to point to CNAME
db.northeu.clamav.net, so problems with a single mirror would not block
all of Sweden from updating their ClamAV installations.