[clamav-users] virus samples

Al Varnell alvarnell at mac.com
Sat Aug 8 07:14:59 EDT 2015

Then I clearly don’t understand what you are trying to say here.

Why would you expect unofficial signature databases that are supplemental to the ones ClamAV uses to be detected by ClamAV as infected?

And why would you be surprised that other A-V software would detect signatures that they themselves must be using?

-Al-

On Sat, Aug 08, 2015 at 03:41 AM, sebastian at debianfan.de wrote:

> I submitted the Signatures in March 2015 - when i got the mails - but nothing happens
>
> that's why i ask
>
> Am 08.08.2015 um 11:20 schrieb Al Varnell:
>> Note that none of the signatures you list are official ClamAV signatures, which are:
>>
>> bytecode.cld or .cvd
>> daily.cld or .cvd
>> main.cld or .cvd
>>
>> but to answer your question...to Report Malware:
>> <http://www.clamav.net/report/report-malware.html>
>>
>> -Al-
>>
>> On Sat, Aug 08, 2015 at 02:08 AM, sebastian at debianfan.de wrote:
>>> Hi @all,
>>>
>>> i have 37 Files - which are not detected by clamav.
>>>
>>> All the files are detected by Avira Antivir & Kaspersky - but not by clamav.
>>>
>>> I am using the following signatures:
>>>
>>> blurl.ndb
>>> bofhland_cracked_URL.ndb
>>> bofhland_malware_URL.ndb
>>> bofhland_phishing_URL.ndb
>>> javascript.ndb
>>> junk.ndb
>>> jurlbl.ndb
>>> mbl.ndb
>>> phish.ndb
>>> phishtank.ndb
>>> porcupine.ndb
>>> sanesecurity-blurl.ndb
>>> sanesecurity-bofhland_cracked_URL.ndb
>>> sanesecurity-bofhland_malware_URL.ndb
>>> sanesecurity-bofhland_phishing_URL.ndb
>>> sanesecurity-doppelstern.ndb
>>> sanesecurity-doppelstern-phishtank.ndb
>>> sanesecurity-junk.ndb
>>> sanesecurity-jurlbla.ndb
>>> sanesecurity-jurlbl.ndb
>>> sanesecurity-lott.ndb
>>> sanesecurity-phish.ndb
>>> sanesecurity-phishtank.ndb
>>> sanesecurity-porcupine.ndb
>>> sanesecurity-scamnailer.ndb
>>> sanesecurity-scam.ndb
>>> sanesecurity-spearl.ndb
>>> sanesecurity-spear.ndb
>>> sanesecurity-winnow_extended_malware_links.ndb
>>> sanesecurity-winnow_malware_links.ndb
>>> sanesecurity-winnow_phish_complete.ndb
>>> sanesecurity-winnow_phish_complete_url.ndb
>>> sanesecurity-winnow_spam_complete.ndb
>>> scamnailer.ndb
>>> scam.ndb
>>> spam_marketing.ndb
>>> winnow_malware_links.ndb