[clamav-users] virus samples

sebastian at debianfan.de sebastian at debianfan.de
Sat Aug 8 08:00:53 EDT 2015

You've got me wrong.

I have early April 2015 transmits this virus - so far nothing has happened.

Should I now submit these again or lasts longer providing the
signaturesby clamav?

I understand that a virus scanner costs which money faster in delivering
of signatures is as a volunteer working team.

greeting

Sebastian

Am 08.08.2015 um 13:14 schrieb Al Varnell:
> Then I clearly don’t understand what you are trying to say here.
>
> Why would you expect unofficial signature databases that are supplemental to the ones ClamAV uses to be detected by ClamAV as infected?
>
> And why would you be surprised that other A-V software would detect signatures that they themselves must be using?
>
> -Al-
>
> On Sat, Aug 08, 2015 at 03:41 AM, sebastian at debianfan.de wrote:
>> I submitted the Signatures in March 2015 - when i got the mails - but nothing happens
>>
>> that's why i ask
>>
>> Am 08.08.2015 um 11:20 schrieb Al Varnell:
>>> Note that none of the signatures you list are official ClamAV signatures, which are:
>>>
>>> bytecode.cld or .cvd
>>> daily.cld or .cvd